Effective date: August 30, 2016
This policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit www.paolocostagli.com (our “Website”). This Policy sets forth our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, and disclosing such information. This policy also describes the measures that we take to protect the security of such collected information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website; and
- From email and other electronic communications between you and this Website.
Our policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Our Company offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will manage such data. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. As this policy may change from time to time, your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
II. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including the following:
- “Personal information” by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number;
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- Purchase transaction information, purchase history and search inquiries on our Website;
- Customer service information (such as customer service questions, comments and repair inquiries); and
- Any other information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From our third-party service providers, for example, our business partners.
III. Information We Collect By Automated Means
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may also use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may connect this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
IV. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you;
- Provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- Process your payment and manage your on-line purchase of our products;
- Provide you with email notices, catalogs, and other promotional and marketing material regarding our products;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, program offers, surveys and market research;
- Respond to your inquiries, customer service questions, repairs and/or comments;
- Notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- Protect our Company against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Allow our Company to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
V. Disclosure of Your Information
We may also share personal information with third-party database providers that other companies may use for their own purposes, including marketing, to the extent permitted by law. You may object to having your information shared by emailing our Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
VI. Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Update Preferences. If you wish to update your preferences in your account profile to remove or modify your personal information, please send us an email to email@example.com requesting to have your personal information removed or modified from our company database.
- If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by our Company, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collected your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org to be unsubscribed from future email distributions.
- Request for Information/Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent provided by the law, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us at email@example.com. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
VII. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Paolo Costagli, Inc., 555 Madison Avenue, Suite 1300, New York, NY, 10022.
VIII. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
X. Contact Information
Paolo Costagli, Inc.
555 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022